Wednesday, June 6, 2007

4 days in the Valley

Our rest day has turned into a few. First I was laid out with a nasty virus and then Lee was taken hostage. Fortunately, we've had the care of good doctors and are in hotels and not camped out in the wilds of Colorado. Two other guys have also gotten sick so we've concluded it must have been from the WATER!

During our rest day in Monte Vista the 3 guys we were traveling with went ahead to Monte Vista and ran into the 4 guys that decided to summit Indiana Pass and ride through Summitville. They made it, and the next day only one was sick, BUT...they wouldn't do it again! It took them 12 hours! They had to unpack their bikes and carry everthing over the snow. Their bike tour turned into more of a mountaineering expedition! I didn't sign up for that.

As a matter of fact, I had no idea what I was signing up for! This is definately the hardest thing I have ever done on SO many levels. It has redefined the word 'dirty' for me. For those of you wondering why I shaved my head...if you didn't get to shower for 6 days and had ratted, greasy, hair you would hopefully do the same. There were two days I thought I was getting stronger but that was more than a week ago and I haven't felt like that again. My favorate things are downhills and toilets :) Everyday we see so much that the day before seems like it was weeks ago.

We should be leaving Del Norte in the next two days depending on how well we're keeping food in our bellies and the adventures will begin again.

jme

No comments: